One of the best features of marble surfaces is that you are able to alter their appearance just by changing the finish of your stone. Marble polish will leave your stone surfaces looking shiny, giving the classic glossy appearance so many people are interested in, especially for kitchen countertops. If you get tired of this highly sought after finish, it is possible to transform your marble surfaces giving them a modern matte look. White marble and granite countertops will both require professional attention in order to maintain their beauty and stay safe from outside influences.
- Honed marble refers to a marble slab that’s been ground down to a smooth, flat surface. Instead of polishing, the stone is left with a matte finish and a velvety feel.
- Honed marble is more durable. It’s more resistant to scratches, and, when it does get scratched, it’s less noticeable because light doesn’t reflect off the matte finish the way it does the glossy finish of polished marble.
- Because it’s not polished, it’s more susceptible to stains than its shiny counterpart. This is easily remedied by immediately cleaning up any spills.
- Honed marble is great for marble flooring! Due to the matte surface, it’s far less slippery than polished marble when it gets wet.
- It’s easily maintained with regular wipe downs with mild detergent, immediately cleaning spills, and occasional resealing.
- Because of its durability, honed marble is perfect for countertops and high traffic areas such as entryway and bathroom floors.
- To state the obvious, polished marble is exactly what it sounds like: polished. The stone is left with a glossy shine enhanced by the natural reflection in the stone’s crystals.
- Polished marble is coated, which is what gives it its characteristic glossy look. This coating makes the marble less susceptible to staining than honed marble.
- Because it has such a highly reflective surface, scratches on the surface are far more visible and noticeable than those in its honed counterpart.
- Polished marble is exceptionally smooth, making it a less than ideal option for flooring in high traffic areas, especially entryways and bathrooms that may see a lot of water because it can get extremely slippery when wet.
- Like honed marble, polished marble is very easily maintained with regular wipe downs with mild detergent and immediately cleaning spills when they happen.
- Polished marble is a classic choice for kitchen and bathroom countertops and can offer a striking and luxurious feature as a fireplace surround or accent wall.
Safe Stone Floor Cleaner
Modern Stone Care Stone & Tile Floor Cleaner is a neutral (ph 7) marble safe floor cleaner which is to be used for regular maintenance on any hard surface not harmed by water. It was originally made to protect calcite based stones, such as marble, limestone, & travertine, which are alkaline in nature due to the mineral content, from chemical etching. It’s no rinse, streak free properties make this cleaner ideal for any hard surface, as it does not leave a dulling film or residue. Special organic slats in its formula act as “moisturizers” thus preventing natural stone from “drying out.” It also contains optical brighteners to enhance the finish of the surface on which it is used.
If you have any questions or concerns about this cleaning product contact us today. Our customer service representatives will be happy to go over the ingredients and instructions when using this natural stone safe cleaner.
Natural Stone Cleaning in Houston TX
At Modern Stone Care, our team of highly knowledgeable technicians specialize in the restoration, cleaning, polishing, and sealing of all-natural stone surfaces. This includes flooring, countertops, outdoor pool coping, and more. We work hard to ensure your natural stone maintains its beautiful and vibrant appearance for as long as possible. When it comes to the care of your delicate natural stone surfaces, leave it to the professionals at Modern Stone Care. We work in Houston and surrounding areas to offer the best stone care in the city.
Modern Stone Care
970 Bunker Hill Rd
Houston, TX 77024
Google Business Listing