What Is Stone Flooring?
Natural stone flooring is a style of tile that’s cut directly from stone blocks. Natural stone comes from various mountain-born minerals, usually marble, granite, travertine, limestone, and sandstone, unlike artificial stone products.
- Long-lasting: Stone floors are by far one of the most durable materials out there. Choosing stone floors is a choice that will last for years to come.
- Works indoors and outdoors: To achieve an indoor-outdoor seamless flow masterfully, there’s no better material than stone. Because stone floors work well indoors and outdoors, you can connect both spaces and give the illusion of more space.
- Stone stays naturally cool: For houses in warm climates, stones can keep cool, which is crucial for temperature control, particularly during the summer months.
- Stone floors can be energy-efficient: For homes with cold winters or colder climates, stone flooring works well with radiant heat because it’s a natural heat conductor, making it a top choice for designing an energy-efficient heat system.
- Controls allergens: Unlike other flooring materials, stone floors can help keep allergens and dust at bay. The nonporous surface of stone makes it impossible for allergens to hide and collect.
- Stone flooring is expensive: Unlike other options, stone can be pricey, especially natural stone flooring. Shipping costs and installation costs can be significantly higher than other flooring options.
- Stone stays naturally cool: Because stone tends to remain cold, this has both pros and cons depending on where you live. For houses in colder climates, stone flooring can be a tad uncomfortable if you don’t have a radiant heat system installed underneath.
- Can be slippery: Wet stone can get slippery, making it not ideal for rooms like the kitchen or bathroom. Of course, some sealants and finishes can help with this, but they can still become quite slick when the stone gets wet.
- Prone to water damage: Stone flooring is susceptible to water damage. Natural stone can easily stain, scratch and chip when exposed to water.
- It makes falls more dangerous: The natural strength of stone flooring can make slip and fall accidents more hazardous as there is less cushioning from the floor.
- Requires skilled installation: Stone flooring is heavy and requires professional installation. Part of this is what makes the shipment, installation and project completion process that much challenging.
Natural Stone Cleaner For Marble Surfaces
When you are looking for a safe marble surface cleaner that will not hurt your marble and leave you with a gorgeous and clean natural stone surface the team at Modern Stone Care in Houston is here for you.
Our team provides an in-house formula that is safe for all of your natural stone surfaces! This product is called Modern Stone Care Stone & Tile Floor Cleaner and it is a neutral (ph 7) marble safe floor cleaner which is to be used for regular maintenance on any hard surface not harmed by water.
It was originally made to protect calcite based stones, such as marble, limestone, & travertine, which are alkaline in nature due to the mineral content, from chemical etching. It’s no rinse, streak free properties make this cleaner ideal for any hard surface, as it does not leave a dulling film or residue. Special organic slats in its formula act as “moisturizers” thus preventing natural stone from “drying out.” It also contains optical brighteners to enhance the finish of the surface on which it is used.
Companies that work with many different flooring and countertop materials, such as wood, tile, and carpet, often fall short when it comes to having the necessary materials, equipment, and knowledge to provide your natural stone surfaces with the care it truly deserves.
Natural Stone Services in Houston TX
At Modern Stone Care, our team of highly knowledgeable technicians specialize in the restoration, cleaning, polishing, and sealing of all-natural stone surfaces. This includes flooring, countertops, outdoor pool coping, and more. We work hard to ensure your natural stone maintains its beautiful and vibrant appearance for as long as possible. When it comes to the care of your delicate natural stone surfaces, leave it to the professionals at Modern Stone Care.
We proudly serve The Greater Houston Area, including but not limited to Atascocita, Bellaire, Clear Lake, Cypress, Friendswood, Houston Heights, Houston, Humble, Katy, Kemah, League City, Kingwood, Memorial, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Spring, Spring Branch, Stafford, Sugar Land, Tomball, and The Woodlands.
Modern Stone Care
970 Bunker Hill Rd
Houston, TX 77024
Google Business Listing