Whenever you have stained natural stone surfaces, you may feel like there is no option other than completely replacing your expensive countertops. The good news is, while natural stone can easily become damaged, working with the professionals at Modern Stone Care in Houston can help you to reverse damage and restore the appearance of your stone.
Our team of experts understands the vulnerabilities and needs of a wide range of natural stone materials, including but not limited to marble, travertine, granite, quartz, cement, and more. We work with foggy, stained, discolored, and damaged materials to restore their beauty and save you money.
If you natural stone surfaces have become damaged, reach out to our team to learn more about your options and to book an appointment.
- Always protect counters from hot pots, pans, and dishes of food. Excessive heat can cause a thermal shock, which may crack stone countertops. Use trivets that allow airflow under the hot item, particularly slow cookers that expose counter surfaces to heat for several hours.
- Never stand or sit on stone countertops. Small fissures in the stone may cause cracks if subjected to excessive weight. Grab a step stool instead.
- Pay attention to spills and wipe them up immediately. Most stone is sensitive to acidic foods like wine, citrus juices, vinegar, and salad dressings. Foods that contain excessive artificial and natural dyes like Kool-Aid and beets should be handled carefully. Even stone counters that are sealed can be etched by strong acids or harsh chemicals like chlorine bleach or ammonia.
- Avoid chopping or slicing directly on the stone counter to prevent scratches. Always use a cutting board.
- If your countertops have been finished with a sealant, it won’t last forever. Normal wear and tear removes the finish. How often you need to reseal depends upon the type and quality of the stone and the color of the stone. Light colored stone usually needs to be resealed every one to three years while darker colors can go three to five years. Always refer to your manufacturer’s instructions.
Safe Natural Stone Cleaner
When you are looking for a stone cleaner that will not damage your stone and leave you with a beautiful and clean natural stone surface the team at Modern Stone Care in Houston can help!
We provide an in-house formula that is safe for all of your natural stone surfaces! This product is called Modern Stone Care Stone & Tile Floor Cleaner and it is a neutral (ph 7) marble safe floor cleaner which is to be used for regular maintenance on any hard surface not harmed by water. It was originally made to protect calcite based stones, such as marble, limestone, & travertine, which are alkaline in nature due to the mineral content, from chemical etching. It’s no rinse, streak free properties make this cleaner ideal for any hard surface, as it does not leave a dulling film or residue. Special organic slats in its formula act as “moisturizers” thus preventing natural stone from “drying out.” It also contains optical brighteners to enhance the finish of the surface on which it is used.
Companies that work with a wide range of flooring and countertop materials, such as wood, tile, and carpet, often fall short when it comes to having the necessary materials, equipment, and knowledge to provide your natural stone surfaces with the care it truly deserves.
The natural stone specialists at Modern Stone Care in Houston, have the necessary tools, experience, and time to properly clean, restore, and ultimately preserve your natural stone surfaces. Do not degrade the surface of your natural stone hiring the wrong company or attempting to treat your natural stone surfaces on your own, instead, contact the natural stone cleaners in Houston at Modern Stone Care.
Natural Stone Services in Houston TX
At Modern Stone Care, our team of highly knowledgeable technicians specialize in the restoration, cleaning, polishing, and sealing of all-natural stone surfaces. This includes flooring, countertops, outdoor pool coping, and more. We work hard to ensure your natural stone maintains its beautiful and vibrant appearance for as long as possible. When it comes to the care of your delicate natural stone surfaces, leave it to the professionals at Modern Stone Care.
We proudly serve The Greater Houston Area, including but not limited to Atascocita, Bellaire, Clear Lake, Cypress, Friendswood, Houston Heights, Houston, Humble, Katy, Kemah, League City, Kingwood, Memorial, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Spring, Spring Branch, Stafford, Sugar Land, Tomball, and The Woodlands.
Modern Stone Care
970 Bunker Hill Rd
Houston, TX 77024
Google Business Listing